NPL U18’s Match Report

Report by Forrestfield United Media

Tarek Atta celebrated his inclusion in the WA State Schoolboys team by scoring a first half hattrick that propelled Forrestfield United to a thumping 5-1 victory over cross town rivals Joondalup United in last night’s re arranged u18s NPL fixture. Second half goals from Omar Hamdon and Jackson Nyatsambo ensured the boys in black and yellow finished the match with a scoreline that reflected their dominance.
On a cold Wednesday night (far from Stoke) , Forrestfield came out sizzling with forward Terrence Kwidzai striking the post in the 7th minute. However in the 13th minute, United took the lead when the impressive Blake Ackerman found Atta with a clever ball and the attacking midfielder slotted past the keeper from close range.
3 minutes later, Forrestfield doubled their lead when quick combination play between Nyatsambo and Jacob Timson resulted in a glorious opportunity for Atta who made no mistake finishing off a slick team move. The 7 minute hattrick was complete in the 20th minute as Atta turned in Ackerman’s corner much to the delight of the crowd that braved the chilly conditions.
Joondalup changed formation at half time and that seemed to give them a little more control in the 2nd half but it was United who made it 4-0 when substitute Omar Hamdon slotted past the keeper after latching onto Atta’s through ball. Fellow substitute Axel Richardson and Ackerman both spurned chances to make it 5 before Joondalup pulled one back in the 73rd minute.
Any hopes of a comeback like the one witnessed in the first team game were put to bed when Nyatsambo rounded off his impressive display by tapping home from close range after some brilliant work from Ackerman on the right.
Coach Malcom Tshuma full of praise for his charges. “The boys were really good today and I think the result is a fair reflection of the game. Our structure was organised but we played with freedom and flair which the opposition found difficult to deal with. Our movement in the final third was that of high NPL quality and that allowed us to create numerous goalscoring opportunities of which we managed to convert five.
What was more pleasing for me was the work rate and desire to regain possession from the whole team once we had turned it over so overall a really complete performance.There are parts of our game I still want to improve but today we will enjoy this one”, he said.
The team will now have a 5 day break before re assembling next week to begin preperations for a tough game away to Cockburn City.